Position: PCB Assembly Engineer
Location: Toronto (East end)
Industry: Electronics Manufacturing
Salary: $70,000 – $85,000 per year (depending upon experience)
Employment Status: Full-Time Permanent
The duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Develops, implements and maintains manufacturing methods/procedures, processes and operations for new and existing products, parts, components and assemblies.
- Determines manufacturing costs, time standards and make recommendations for processes, requirements and improvements of new and existing products.
- Provides training, guidance and work direction to production personal and junior staff as requested.
- Designs and develops fixtures for optimal component assembly and functional test fixtures for completed Flexible PCB Assemblies.
- Performs Capability studies and make recommendations on required capital equipment investments necessary to improve or advance our Component Assembly capabilities and efficiencies.
- Implements technical and operational practices necessary for product success.
- Develops new processes necessary to support technology changes.
- Utilizes SPC/FMEA/Mistake-Proofing techniques to identify and resolve process issues.
- Leads the company’s R&D work with regards to PCBA.
- Provides technical assistance to customers.
- Works onsite with customers’ design groups in conjunction with Sales and/or Engineering.
- Works in a team environment to generate creative solutions to product needs.
- Responsible for continuing improvements of design quality and manufacturability
- Follows all health and safety policies and procedures.
- Wears personal protective equipment as prescribed.
- Follows all company policies and procedures.
- Attends meeting as required and actively participate.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 5 years experience in PCB assembly
- Strong electronics engineering background including solder paste technology, solder printing, SMT and Through-Hole placement equipment, reflow technology, AOI, automated soldering robot, wave solder, SPC, component technology, and SMT repair.
- Must be self motivated, have excellent troubleshooting skills
- Strong PFMEA and SPC background,
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with Flex, Rigid-Flex, Sculptured and HDEC circuit boards would be a definite asset.
Please apply at: email@example.com
IKON Complete Inc. is committed to providing accessibility to qualified candidates with disabilities. Requests for accommodation can be made at any time at ikoncomplete.com/accessibility-policy-aoda/