Position: Controls Engineer
Location: Concord, ON
Industry: Automation / Machinery Manufacturing / Packaging
Salary: $80,000 – $120,000 per year
- Develop and specify requirements for interfacing Automation Equipment
- Participate in development of project specifications, process control requirements, layouts, and cost analysis.
- Proactively engage with stakeholders to monitor, troubleshoot, and implement changes
- Develop, write, and debug motion and PLC programs
- Debug and optimize automated processes to maximize cycle time, improve availability and yield.
- Establish test plans and commissioning procedures for installation and machine start-up
- Manage and document test results
- Introduce automated processes and improvements for the commissioning process
- Develop technical descriptions, manuals, and instructional documentation.
- Travel to customers’ sites to support commissioning and equipment acceptance runs
- University Degree or Diploma in the field of Industrial Automation/Electrical Engineering/Automation and Robotics.
- 4+ years of hands-on experience as a Controls Engineer or Applications Engineer
- Ability to read blueprints and apply advanced measuring techniques.
- Customer support experience – IT, Motion and PLC
- Experience with PLC/HMI/VFD programming
- In depth understanding of machinery controls requirement with ability to create technical descriptions of the equipment
IKON Complete Inc. is committed to providing accessibility to qualified candidates with disabilities. Requests for accommodation can be made at any time at ikoncomplete.com/accessibility-policy-aoda/