Position: Automation Technician
Location: Toronto – East
Status: Permanent Full-Time
Reporting to the Director of Operations, the Automation Technician is responsible for the commissioning, continuous improvement, troubleshooting and resolving issues with current and new equipment as part of the maintenance team. This position will require consultation with internal and external resources.
- Troubleshooting and repair of equipment and processes in the facility.
- Develop and implement solutions to improve safety, reduce downtime and productivity of processes.
- Keep up-to-date with latest developments in industrial automation technology
- Assist engineering and production with implementation of projects and
- Program and troubleshooting of processes including robotic and PLC solutions.
- Assist engineering and production with implementation of projects
- Assist in the creation of manuals and operating procedures for new and existing equipment
- Maintaining relationships with employees in production environment to stay notified and involved in any issues arising from production
Qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or technologist diploma in electrical engineering or mechatronics, or Industrial Electrician License
- Has strong oral and written communication skills
- Must have experience with PLC and Robotic Software/Systems
- Strong troubleshooting and repair skills in electrical, mechanical and pneumatic systems.
- Experience in a machine shop is considered an asset
- Excellent manual dexterity
- Strong research and creative thinking skills
- Able to work in a fast paced environment
- Has a positive attitude, excellent interpersonal skills, and enjoys working in a team environment
- Strong organization, planning and time management skills
- Able to work independently
IKON Complete Inc. is committed to providing accessibility to qualified candidates with disabilities. Requests for accommodation can be made at any time at ikoncomplete.com/accessibility-policy-aoda/