Accessibility Policy (AODA)
STATEMENT OF COMMITMENT
IKON Complete Inc. is committed to excellence in serving all employees, customers and candidates including persons with disabilities. Furthermore, IKON Complete Inc. is committed to providing its services in a way that respects the dignity and independence of persons with disabilities by preventing and removing barriers to accessibility and meeting the requirements under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act.
PROVIDING SERVICES TO PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES
IKON Complete Inc. is committed to excellence in serving all customers and candidates, including persons with disabilities , in the following manners:
- Communication – IKON Complete Inc. will communicate with persons with disabilities in ways that take into account their disability. IKON Complete Inc. will train staff who regularly communicate with customers and/or candidates on how to interact and communicate with persons with various types of disabilities.
- Telephone Services – IKON Complete Inc. is committed to providing fully accessible telephone services to its clients and candidates. IKON Complete Inc. will train employees to communicate over the telephone in clear and plain language and to speak clearly and slowly.
- Assistive Devices - IKON Complete Inc. is committed to welcoming all personal assistive devices on our premises. At our office(s) that provide assistive devices, IKON Complete Inc. will train staff on the use of such devices. Personal assistive devices owned and operated by persons with disabilities will be the sole responsibility of the individual with the disability.
- Support Persons – IKON Complete Inc. is committed to welcoming persons with disabilities who are accompanied by a support person in our offices. At no time will a person with a disability, who is accompanied by a support person, be prevented from having access to his or her support person while in our offices.
- Service Animals – IKON Complete Inc. is committed to welcoming persons with disabilities who are accompanied by a service animal in our offices. Service Animals are permitted provided that the animal is not otherwise excluded by law.
NOTICE OF TEMPORARY DISRUPTION
IKON Complete Inc. will provide customers and candidates with notice in the event of a planned or unexpected disruption in the facilities or services typically used by persons with disabilities. The notice will contain the reason for the disruption, the anticipated duration, and a description of alternative facilities or services, if applicable. The notice will be conspicuously placed on the main entrance(s) of our premises.
WORKPLACE EMERGENCY RESPONSE INFORMATION
IKON Complete Inc. is committed to providing individualized workplace emergency response information to employees who have a disability. With the employee’s consent, IKON Complete Inc. will provide this information as soon as practical after becoming aware of the need for accommodation.
TRAINING FOR EMPLOYEES
IKON Complete Inc. will provide training to permanent employees who deal with customers and/or candidates, and all those who are involved in the development and approval of customer service policies, procedures and practices. Training will take place within the first three (3) months of employment with IKON Complete Inc. Training will include:
- An overview of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the requirements of the customer service standard.
- How to interact and communicate with persons with various types of disabilities.
- How to interact with persons with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a support person or service animal.
- How to offer assistance of a person with a disability is having difficulty accessing IKON Complete Inc.’s services.
- Revised training will be provided in the event to any changes to legislation or to IKON Complete Inc.’s policies, procedures and practices relating to persons with disabilities.
IKON Complete Inc. values all feedback as it relates to this Policy and how it is implemented. All comments and feedback are accepted by email, in writing, verbally and/or in person to:
IKON Complete Inc.
40 Wynford Drive, Suite 204
Toronto, ON M3C 1J5
All feedback will be reviewed and a response will be provided within ten (10) business days to the individual who provided the feedback.
MODIFICATIONS TO THIS OR OTHER POLICIES
Any policy that does not respect and promote the principles of this Policy will be modified or removed.
For any other questions, or for accessible formats of this document (at no charge), please contact IKON Complete Inc. as noted above.